Monday, June 18, 2012

Moodle

This may be because i am new, but I am finding Moodle to be a tough format to work with. I think that my concept is strong--an online writing center, but I am finding that Moodle itself is tough to use. I am clicking on the below Moodle docs pages for more info, but many times it doesn't apply to me because I am not an administrator for the site.
I enjoyed the instructional website, and I found some really awesome resources for my Moodle page. I just hope I can make it look as nice as my content. It seems disorganized to me.

I am SO glad the discussion boards have slowed down. I actually liked how this class did a lot of the reading and discussion upfront, and now we are all able to make our projects more cohesive with more depth and breadth of knowledge among all of these concepts.

2 comments:

  1. Megan,

    I am using Blackboard Learn for the CMS. I am developing activites for my critical care course. I've heard Moodle is a tough format to use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megan,
    My colleague created a virtual writing center through Blackboard Wimba. I think your topic is great for a website topic. Our students enjoy being able to upload their paper and have it edited and emailed back, we also do real time editing through Wimba in Blackboard. You can upload docs, IM, or webcast. So far, none of our students have taken advantage of the webcast feature, but we think it's a nice edition. Good luck with Moodle,
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete