Sunday, July 1, 2012

Moodle Moodle Moodle

Finally got the hang of this Moodle thing. I can see where it could be useful in a classroom, although I would be worried about limited access to computers- as someone else mentioned in the discussion forums. Once I changed the theme of my site, I actually found it a little more user- friendly. The theme I picked was "bricks" (or something like that). It was a little easier to use, and I wished that I had switched it from the beginning. I think I still like the concept of using a Google Site better for instruction, but I could do the Moodle site again if I had the option. I am growing to like it more as I become more familiar with it. What about you guys??

3 comments:

  1. I am just starting on my CMS assignment, so I’m not sure yet how it will move along. I agree with you that not all students have access to computers. Also, if the instructor has to share and schedule computer time for their students, would the students really benefit from this type of assignment. This issue keeps coming up in blogs and our discussions, it is obviously a problem. With that being said, I’m looking forward to setting up the CMS site and trying it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving Moodle. This is something I was excited about as I should have access to Moodle for this next school year and want to develop a CMS for my Publications class so I can use the blended approach, which will hopefully pick up the pace a little and allow me to deepen the content in class by allowing students to experience materials through the CMS as homework and prepare them to participate more actively in class. I'm glad I can now focus solely on this project now that the instructional website is submitted. Good luck finishing it all up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got off to a rocky start, but once I got the hang of where everything was, it was much easier to use. I kept switching views over the weekend to keep checking that everything was working and it was. Then when I went in and checked yesterday and then again today, I kept getting errors for all of the components I had created within Moodle. It wasn't happening in the teacher view - only the student view. Weird...

    ReplyDelete